Carbis Bay Holidays are an established holiday rental agency in St Ives and has been providing luxury self catering holidays since 2000. We fell in love with Carbis Bay, St Ives and its West Cornwall surroundings through our early family holidays and its been a love affair ever since. So, feeling passionate as we do about this area, we knew that other people would love it too!
We hand pick only the finest holiday homes, assuring you that your precious holiday time will be spent in the very best surroundings. You should expect properties with panoramic sea views, apartments perched on cliff tops and overlooking the beach, garden access to coastal paths, fabulous outdoor spaces and of course the very best, meticulously designed interiors, with all the latest gadgetry you could imagine.
You don’t just have to take our word for it either, as each of our properties is independently inspected every year. We are the only holiday rental agency in St Ives area of Cornwall, whose portfolio is 100% quality assessed with Visit England. As a letting agent, we understand the market and appreciate what the discerning holidaymaker expects from their chosen accommodation. Our properties regularly feature in special interest press articles.
You only need to see the glorious sandy beaches, the bright blue seas and experience all the different aspects of St Ives for yourself, and we guarantee you’ll be as hooked as we are. Stay with us and you won’t want to leave as we have it all covered…
- We will meet you at your holiday home on your arrival and show you in.
- A Quick Start Guide and Welcome Guide to the area help you orientate yourself on arrival.
- High quality bed linen and fluffy towels are included along with all utilities.
- Where infants are welcome, a cot or travel cot and high chair or booster seat are provided along with a stair gate in some properties.
- There will be allocated or adjacent parking, or a parking permit for a car park nearby.
- We provide cover 24 hours a day for any emergencies and are based locally in Carbis Bay.
- Order your local groceries in advance from Food4MyHoliday and we can have them unpacked for you for your arrival.
- If you have any special requirements, please just ask as we would be delighted to assist.
Our Green Policy
Carbis Bay Holidays are committed to good environmental management practice in connection with carrying out our business operations.
To save energy
- All of our lighting is LED
- We have LED sensor operated lighting throughout our offices.
- Our office equipment is low energy (Energy Star or A+ rated).
- Our heating is under floor and is separately zoned.
- We use an Eco kettle so we only boil the water we need
To save water
- We have small cisterns with dual flushes on toilets.
- Sinks are fitted with restrictors to reduce water consumption.
To help the environment
- We recycle all that we can and are consistently reducing the amounts of waste we send to landfill.
- We aim to be as paper free as possible by promoting our business through the internet rather than producing an annual brochure.
- We only purchase 100% recycled paper and any printed matter is produced using sustainable sources.
- We only use environmentally friendly cleaning products in our office and also recommend that these are used in our self catering properties.
- We actively support the Cornwall Wildlife Trust through our Visitor Gifting Scheme.
To help our local community and economy
- We make every effort to purchase locally, promoting local businesses and putting money back into our local economy.
- We provide each property and its guests with a detailed guide (printed on recycled paper) containing information about the local area, encouraging guests to try local Cornish produce, use sustainable forms of transport and enjoy the experiences nearby.
- We support the Carbis Bay Residents Association.
- We support The Steeple Woodlands Trust.
- We sponsor and support local events including St Ives Food and Drink Festival, Cornwall Art Fair, St Ives May Day, St Ives Biathlon, St Ives Cricket Club, St Ives Rugby Club.
Our Impact Mission
As part of the Sykes Holiday Cottages Family, Carbis Bay Holidays is committed to creating lasting holiday memories with a positive social and environmental impact.
Our impact on people and the planet is as important to us as shareholder profit.
As part of our Impact mission, we aim to:
- Reduce our carbon emissions by at least 50% by 2030… and reach Net Zero as soon as possible before 2050.
- Work with at least 20 biodiversity projects in FY23 across the regions we operate in through volunteering and sponsorship of initiatives.
- Become a single use plastic free business and achieve Surfers Against Sewage Plastic Free Business accreditation by the end of 2024.
- Inspire and enable 100% of our team to volunteer every year, supporting charities, community projects and social enterprises.
- Enable 100 disadvantaged families to go on holiday in FY23 and work to increase this number every year.
- Positively impact at least 10 community and charity initiatives every year, strengthening existing relationships while building new ones.
To get the latest updates on our Impact activities, head to our Impact section on the blog.