We (on behalf of the owner(s) of the property (Owner) that you stayed at) and Owners, are committed to listening to feedback about your holiday let experience. This feedback is used by Owners and Sykes; we look at how we can continuously improve yours, and others, customer journeys.
To make sure your feedback helps with the above and helps others with their bookings each piece of feedback needs to satisfy the following requirements (Feedback Requirements):
- it must relate to your stay at an Owner’s property in the last 4 months (remember to keep hold of evidence of any issues in case you're asked to verify it);
- it must be written with the purpose of enabling other customers to understand what to expect from an Owner’s property, based on the experience you had;
- you are only able to post one piece of feedback per booking, and not one piece of feedback per guest that stayed at the booking;
- feedback must be appropriate e.g. it mustn’t (a) threaten, (b) be hateful, (c) contain swear words or other socially offensive language, (d) be harmful or otherwise defamatory (if challenged by an Owner), (e) be discriminatory, (f) contain personal data (for example of the Owner, one of their or Sykes’ representatives or a neighbour) or (g) be illegal, and by posting it you’re confirming that what you’ve fed back is true, accurate and not misleading (again if challenged by an Owner, or Sykes if it concerns its booking services), plus the review should clear and unbiased; taking as objective a view as possible for the benefit of other customers, and it mustn’t otherwise be deemed inappropriate for publication on a website;
- feedback of one word, containing questions, containing photos, links, referrals to elsewhere or promotions won’t be published, there are alternative means for asking questions of Sykes and Owners;
- an Owner can request Sykes take down feedback that is the subject of a cease and desist/take down letter from an Owner to a customer or a disputed letter before action or a court claim until the process finds otherwise.
If you have negative feedback about a property that you’d like Sykes to publish when you return home, please raise it with the Owner or the Owner’s representative when you are there and try to resolve it, rather than the feedback be the first time an Owner hears about it. When feedback is the first time an Owner hears about something (a) they can’t put it right or explain the position and (b) they may be more likely to say it’s untrue, inaccurate or misleading, ask you for evidence of the complaint and take further action to recover any loss they may suffer.
The process for receiving and responding to feedback currently is as follows:
- after your booking has taken place you will receive a link, and if you click on it, it will let you leave feedback about your booking;
- the relevant Owner(s) will see the feedback;
- your feedback won’t be published if it doesn’t meet the Feedback Requirements above;
- the relevant Owners will have the option of replying to feedback. Owners’ replies must also comply with the Feedback Requirements above;
- if we receive notice that a review and/or a response doesn’t comply with the Feedback Requirements above, or we think it doesn’t (based on Sykes’ interpretation of the Feedback Requirements), we can refuse to publish, suspend, delete and/or amend the feedback without notice to the customer or the Owner, and without explanation. We can choose to inform affected parties and/or relevant government authorities, public bodies or similar persons about the breach of the feedback requirements.
Sykes Disclaimer: Sykes, its brands and its UK group companies (Sykes Family) hope, that by having this policy, the Sykes Family is encouraging customers to leave genuine, legitimate and constructive feedback about their holiday experience, and it’s encouraging Owners to reply in the same manner. The Sykes Family shall not be in any way responsible or liable to Owners or to customers in relation to any feedback posted, not posted, amended, suspended or deleted on/from any one or more of its websites, or in respect of any information obtained from such feedback. The Sykes Family does not make any representation or warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability of any feedback or content that is published on its websites by customers or Owners. Publication of any feedback or content does not signify that the Sykes Family agrees with it. The views are the customer’s and Owner’s own. The Sykes Family can amend this customer review policy at any time in its absolute discretion.