Your search returned 33 cottages.
With Carbis Bay Holidays’ wide selection of dog-friendly St Ives cottages, there’s no need to leave your hound at home when you come to Cornwall. With plenty of dog-friendly beaches and miles of coast path for waggy-tailed walks, St Ives is the perfect destination for a dog friendly holiday. And now that more people are choosing to bring their dogs to Cornwall, many of the County’s attractions and eateries are also flinging open their doors to welcome sandy paws.
Here at Carbis Bay Holidays we love dogs. Which is why we’ve made sure we’ve got an extensive collection of dog-friendly cottages. Not only do we welcome guests with delicious local goodies, we also ensure there are doggy treats ready for the arrival of our four-legged friends. All of our dog-friendly holiday cottages in Cornwall flaunt four- or five-star comforts and most of them also have spacious, enclosed gardens.
Our self-catering accommodation in St Ives makes the ideal base for a dog-friendly holiday in Cornwall. During winter all of St Ives’ beaches boast paw-friendly pearly sands, and even when the summer dog restrictions come into play on the main beaches, there are plenty of dog-friendly beaches a short scamper away. Bamaluz and Lambeth Walk are two low-tide town beaches that welcome dogs year-round, while our favourite ‘happy dog beach’ (Porthkidney Sands) is easily reached along the coast path or on the dog-friendly St Ives railway.
In and around St Ives there’s much more than the beautiful beaches that are the perfect playground for dogs. Hit the South West Coast Path and enjoy mile upon mile of stunning walking territory, taking pit stops at dog-friendly watering holes on route. Our favourite coastal walk is to The Tinner’s Arms at Zennor, or carry on a little further to The Gurnard’s Head at Treen. Back in St Ives there are plenty of dog-friendly pubs, including The Sloop and The Queens Hotel.
It’s not only the wonderful walks that beckon you to bring your dogs on holiday to Cornwall – plenty of tourist venues across the county are opening their doors to your four-legged friends. From the Eden Project to St Michael’s Mount, there are plenty of world-class attractions where you can enjoy a day out with your dog in tow, as well as a plethora of pubs, cafés and restaurants where they will be made a fuss of too.
- Complimentary dog treats on arrival.
- A large selection of cottages with enclosed gardens.
- Some properties welcome up to two dogs.
- Dog friendly days out on your doorstep.
- Dog friendly pubs in the St Ives area.
- Close proximity to the Southwest Coastal Path for the best dog walks.
- A wide selection of dog friendly beaches.
- An array of dog-friendly eateries in St Ives.
- Relaxed restrictions mean many of Cornwall’s beaches now allow dogs throughout the year, apart from 10am -6 pm in July and August. However, this does not apply to beaches awarded a Blue Flag which include Porthmeor and Carbis Bay Beach. Full list of restrictions here.